If you’re looking for flu relief, or for an alternative to vaccination and the flu shot read on …
The influenza virus causes what is commonly known as the flu. What’s interesting is that you may think you have just a cold because many of the symptoms are similar, however, there are some major differences which we are going to explore.
The flu moves into the respiratory tract. Ok, so what exactly is the respiratory tract? The upper tract made up of the nose, sinuses and throat (pharynx) and the lower tract of the respiratory airways – the bronchi; plus the lungs.
The influenza virus infects the tissues and causes inflammation and eventually into the bloodstream until the immune system fights back. Flu symptoms include coughing, body aches, sneezing, fever, congestion and runny nose and feeling tired.
As the body weakens to the flu other more serious problems and infections can occur such as dehydration, sinus and ear infections, pneumonia, and making asthma or diabetes even worse.
We should also mention that the flu is CONTAGIOUS! So covering the mouth when coughing or sneezing is a MUST as the cold and flu germs love to spread from person to person this way.
Some of the scientific reasons for the aches and pains seem to be a loss of water and minerals. Fever is the body’s way of fighting against germs and viruses and normally accompanies the flu. As your body fights it uses up fluids and electrolytes and loss of potassium and magnesium add to that muscle ache too, which causes dehydration.
This makes it important to be proactive on the FRONT end of the flu before it gets worse … which brings us to the question, “so how do I get flu relief?” Feeding the body with our formula Flew Away not only provides these natural organic minerals you need but it also helps the body heal in many ways. Flew Away is an herbal combination used to relieve flu and fever symptoms. It’s natural safe herbs are blended synergistically in an alcohol-free glycerine base in purified distilled water giving an enjoyable taste to an herbal combination which children enjoy and yet is potent enough for adults.
Let’s examine some of the ingredients to understand why the product works for flu relief.
- Osha Root which is known for helping with respiratory congestion, strong antimicrobial, soothing and reducing inflammation of the throat and mucous membranes which helps open the airways to breathe easier.
- Mullein is antiseptic and an analgesic used to relieve pain by reducing inflammation due to its expectorant properties. Expectorants help loosen and remove the mucus in the lungs by reducing the thickness of mucus, so when you do cough, you actually can clear the lungs of the congestion.
- Shavegrass (also known as horsetail) is rich in nutrients, including silica which is used by the body in the production and repair of connective tissues while speeding up the healing of broken bones. Helps facilitate the absorption of calcium in the body, nourishes and repairs cell walls, hair, nails, skin, bones and connective tissue in the body. Used to stabilize and strengthen lung membranes; also effective in healing urinary tract infections.
- St. John’s Wort – Much current research is being done to validate Saint John’s Wort’s effectiveness as a mild tranquilizer for depression and insomnia. It is also used as an anti-inflammatory, to treat lung diseases, urinary infections, reduce stress, and to promote healing of wounds and cuts. Extracts have been shown to inhibit the growth of mycobacterium tuberculosis (the most common cause of TB), also E. Coli, staphylococci, and also some strains of bacteria that are resistant to antibiotics. Has shown anti-viral and anti-bacterial activity against herpes simplex, influenza and hepatitis B virus.
- Peppermint Leaf is used for indigestion, studies show Peppermint lessens the amount of time food spends in the stomach by stimulating the gastric lining. Helps with heartburn, migraine headaches, nausea and the reduction of cramps and stomach pain.
- Capsicum (or cayenne) is an anti-inflammatory, stimulant and blood purifier; used to lower blood cholesterol levels, reduce blood pressure and to improve digestion, circulation and respiration.
- Cloves is an antiseptic; also a mild anesthetic and anti-emetic which reduces vomiting.
Flew Away Liquid Herbal Flu Formula Ingredients: (Ligusticum porteri), Mullein (Verbascum thapsus), *Shavegrass (Equisetum arvense), St. John’s Wort (Hypericum perforatum), *Peppermint Leaf (Mentha piperita) *Capsicum (Capsicum anuum), *Cloves (Syzygium aromaticum) in a glycerine/water base.
*Ingredients are Certified Organic.
Product Note from TriLight Health Founder and Herbalist Lyle Bennett:
If you’re looking for flu relief consider this: When I have the flu and it is one of those where your bones just ache, this is the formula to use. I take a FULL tablespoon of Flew Away in a warm 8 oz glass of water about on hour before bedtime. You will be amazed how much better you feel in the morning! I also keep a 2 oz bottle of Lungs Plus by the bed so if I get the urge to cough, I suppress it with a quick squirt and back to sleep!
Those struggling with sinus infections or cold and flu find that Sinus Minus works great at drying up the sinuses and helps the body recoop faster (along with Scout Out and Garlic capsules during the day and Lungs Plus at night). I also have found that using Lympha Rub as “nose drops” and putting one drop in each nostril has encouraged mucus discharge and much faster healing of the sinuses.
“Recommended by Shonda Parker for the flu and a great alternative to Tamiflu. Shortens the duration of illness; highly recommend to have in your household for cold and flu season.”
Note: TriLight Health employees are not licensed practitioners and cannot prescribe which products you should use. Our comments are educational. If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, please see our pregnancy safe section. As with all our formulas, especially if you are pregnant or breast-feeding, please consult your healthcare practitioner before using products with any other medications. Our statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. Our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.